Ricardo values its reputation as a diverse and inclusive employer
Ricardo is a global engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy, founded in 1915 our vision is to maximise efficiency and eliminate waste. With a century of experience delivering excellence and innovation, Ricardo now employs over 3000 engineers, scientists and consultants around the world, and it is the passion and expertise of this community, which drives us forward and maintains our position of technical leadership. As a business, we value respect, integrity, innovation, and passion and guided by these values we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
Ricardo has close links with Horiba Test Automation Ltd (HTA). HTA is a UK based company producing software to automate the testing of fuel cells, batteries, engines, powertrains, vehicles and components in the automotive development laboratories. HTA's STARS test stand automation software products include functionality to control and monitor test rigs, and acquire, analyse and manage test data. Installations range from single test stands to large clusters of workstations and office systems.
The Ricardo/HTA development team is globally distributed, with a key team based in our Prague office. As a team member you will participate in the development of class-leading data acquisition, automation and data management software platforms and applications. Your role would be to develop applications in web and Microsoft Windows desktop environments, utilising .NET technologies, for use in the automotive development space.
As an organisation Ricardo/HTA is committed to fostering a culture of continuous improvement in all aspects of its operations and utilises agile development methodologies and state-of-the-art development tooling to deliver value to our customers.
• Design and development of applications within a Windows .NET environment usually written in C# with a focus on leading-edge automotive applications
• Contribute to platform architecture and design concepts
• Automated validation and verification testing of application code
• Work within an agile software development framework
• Work within globally distributed teams, supported by a range of distributed collaboration technologies
• Based in Prague with occasional business trips within Europe and to North America.
YOUR SKILLS WILL INCLUDE
• Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification and experience
• Experience of real-time software development
• Knowledge of modern programming practices, patterns and techniques and agile software development practices and tools
• Some knowledge of automotive engineering or a degree or equivalent qualification in a related subject, such as engineering would be an advantage.
The ideal candidate will have competence and experience in all or most of the following:
• C# experience and familiarity with developing UIs using Windows Forms, WPF, Blazor
• Familiarity with Azure DevOps, Git (or other distributed source control systems), Visual Studio
• Familiarity with web-development technologies such as TypeScript, JSON and .NET Core would be an advantage
• Experience of using automated software testing tools would be an advantage.
• At least intermediate level of English (daily use and communication with native speakers), Czech is not a requirement
• Flexible and open-minded and willing to reflect on ways-of-working and contribute to continuous improvement
• Motivated, positive and responsible, with a ‘can-do’ approach to life
• Team player with good communications skills
• A ‘finisher’, with commitment to see tasks through to completion and meet deadlines.
We offer you
100% sick pay
after 1st day
At Ricardo, you will work with colleagues who are highly educated and skilled at their jobs. Over 90% of our staff have Bachelor’s degrees, 75% have Master’s and 10% have PhDs. We have always been an engineering and science company. Your colleagues will have a deep understanding of the fundamentals of how things work.
The HTA team works as part of distributed software development team delivering high-performance automotive test applications. These applications are utilised by manufacturers worldwide to perform research and development on vehicles, engines and other automotive components. The same software is also used by legislative authorities across the globe to help reduce emissions and ensure air quality.
Ricardo is an international engineering and technology company with over 2,900 employees worldwide. We focus on the key challenges facing society today; sustainable transportation, clean energy and responsible use of scarce resources. In Prague, we have our largest technical centre outside of the UK. We support projects around the world that help to develop the next generation of transportation systems.