Ricardo values its reputation as a diverse and inclusive employer
Ricardo is a global engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy, founded in 1915 our vision is to maximise efficiency and eliminate waste. With a century of experience delivering excellence and innovation, Ricardo now employs over 3000 engineers, scientists and consultants around the world and it is the passion and expertise of this community, which drives us forward and maintains our position of technical leadership. As a business, we value respect, integrity, innovation and passion and guided by these values we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
This role will work in close partnership with Chief Engineers, Chief Designers and Project Directors to deliver a diverse range of projects.
This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to a wide number of projects that differ significantly in client type, size and complexity, and to contribute to the development of Ricardo’s Project Management capabilities and services.
The core responsibilities for this role include full accountability for the delivery of multi-disciplinary projects, managing the risk and commercial exposure of Ricardo whilst ensuring that all projects are completed to time, cost and quality requirements. You will also be expected to support the generation of multi-disciplinary proposals and bids through to successful conclusion, working closely with in-house engineering disciplines.
• Leading projects, with full responsibility for delivering on-time, on-budget and achieving high levels of customer satisfaction. This will include leading commercial management of projects.
• Being the primary customer interface for the project, establishing strong and effective customer relationships.
• Ensuring projects are delivered in adherence with Ricardo’s internal project management processes and procedures, including Ricardo’s Product Development System.
• Managing and monitoring project scope and negotiating with customers on changes
• Defining proposal scope of work, timing plans, risk assessments and budgets; ensuring that proposals can be successfully delivered
YOUR SKILLS WILL INCLUDE
• a professional project management background in a commercial engineering or related organisation
• leading and driving projects through to successful completion, taking a dynamic and innovative approach to delivery
• an experience of external customer engagement on commercial projects
• a natural desire to contribute to continuous improvement within the function
• a broad knowledge and understanding of engineering.
• well developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead and motivate a multi-disciplinary team
• degree qualification in a relevant subject, currently delivering projects in a multi-disciplinary environment
• Eligibility to work in the Czech Republic
• very gool level of English (Czech is not a requirement)
We offer you
100% sick pay
after 1st day
At Ricardo, you will work with colleagues who are highly educated and skilled at their jobs. Over 90% of our staff have Bachelor’s degrees, 75% have Master’s and 10% have PhDs. We have always been an engineering and science company. Your colleagues will have a deep understanding of the fundamentals of how things work.
The Programme Management team leads the delivery of engineering proposals and projects to our global customers across a broad range of industries and sectors. We provide day-to-day leadership of multi-disciplinary projects, managing risk and Ricardo’s commercial exposure whilst ensuring that all projects are completed to time, cost and quality requirements.
Ricardo is an international engineering and technology company with over 2,900 employees worldwide. We focus on the key challenges facing society today; sustainable transportation, clean energy and responsible use of scarce resources. In Prague, we have our largest technical centre outside of the UK. We support projects around the world that help to develop the next generation of transportation systems.