Ricardo values its reputation as a diverse and inclusive employer
Ricardo is a global engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy, founded in 1915 our vision is to maximise efficiency and eliminate waste. With a century of experience delivering excellence and innovation, Ricardo now employs over 3000 engineers, scientists and consultants around the world and it is the passion and expertise of this community, which drives us forward and maintains our position of technical leadership. As a business, we value respect, integrity, innovation and passion and guided by these values we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
Ricardo Software is responsible for the development, sales and support of advanced engineering analysis software for power-train and vehicle systems, with a worldwide customer base including major automotive manufacturers and tier one suppliers. Our software products comprise tools for the analysis of fluid and mechanical engine, powertrain and vehicle systems, with well-established brands in fluid dynamics modelling.
You will be responsible for leading the development of the engineering content of the Systems Modelling product.
• Guide and review the design of Modelica libraries and their components
• Provide engineering knowledge and experience to guide the implementation of Modelica components
• Liaise with internal and external customers to develop new modelling capabilities
• Create and deliver product presentations and demonstrations to various audiences
• Provide second-level support
YOUR SKILLS WILL INCLUDE
• Modelica language
• Experience at architecting Modelica system models and libraries (object-oriented design reusing building blocks)
• Python or other scripting languages
• 5 or more years of engineering experience in relevant fields
• Ability to apply Modelica-based mathematical models in workflows to solve real engineering problems
• Critical thinking
• Comfortable in Windows and Linux
• Self-motivated with a can-do attitude
• At least intermediate level of English (daily use and communication with native speakers), Czech is not a requirement
We offer you
100% sick pay
after 1st day
At Ricardo, you will work with colleagues who are highly educated and skilled at their jobs. Over 90% of our staff have Bachelor’s degrees, 75% have Master’s and 10% have PhDs. We have always been an engineering and science company. Your colleagues will have a deep understanding of the fundamentals of how things work.
Ricardo Software develops simulation tools for use mainly in the automotive industry. The products we develop are used for the design, development and optimization of vehicles and internal combustion engines. Some of our developers are engaged in developing solvers that use the finite element method or the finite volume method. Another large group of our employees consists of developers of graphical user interfaces. Moreover, we have a team of specialists that provides our customers with a high-quality support.
Ricardo is an international engineering and technology company with over 2,900 employees worldwide. We focus on the key challenges facing society today; sustainable transportation, clean energy and responsible use of scarce resources. In Prague, we have our largest technical centre outside of the UK. We support projects around the world that help to develop the next generation of transportation systems.