Ricardo values its reputation as a diverse and inclusive employer
Ricardo is a global engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy, founded in 1915 our vision is to maximise efficiency and eliminate waste. With a century of experience delivering excellence and innovation, Ricardo now employs over 3000 engineers, scientists and consultants around the world and it is the passion and expertise of this community, which drives us forward and maintains our position of technical leadership. As a business, we value respect, integrity, innovation and passion and guided by these values we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
Working as part of a multinational and multi-disciplined team you will be involved in a range of projects for the automotive and transport industries.
• You will be supporting the specification, design, development and integration of leading-edge technologies.
• You will need to work effectively with other engineering disciplines to develop system level solutions and you should be comfortable in a client facing role.
YOUR SKILLS WILL INCLUDE
• You are a proven engineer with a track record in System Safety Engineering in the automotive, aerospace or similar industries
• Theoretical & practical knowledge of functional safety engineering fundamentals
• Knowledge of one or more of ISO 26262, IEC 61508, ARP 4754, ARP 4761, DEF-STAN 00-56, EN 5012x
• Analysis techniques such as FMEA, FTA, FHA, HAZOP,
• Constructing safety arguments for complex embedded systems
• At least intermediate level of English (daily use and communication with native speakers), Czech is not a requirement
We offer you
100% sick pay
after 1st day
At Ricardo, you will work with colleagues who are highly educated and skilled at their jobs. Over 90% of our staff have Bachelor’s degrees, 75% have Master’s and 10% have PhDs. We have always been an engineering and science company. Your colleagues will have a deep understanding of the fundamentals of how things work.
Control and Calibration
The Control and Calibration team develops and calibrates the algorithms for control and diagnostics that are used in engine, transmission, hybrid and vehicle control units. The work varies from new control concepts for novel powertrains through to calibration development, approval and release for production programs.
Ricardo is an international engineering and technology company with over 2,900 employees worldwide. We focus on the key challenges facing society today; sustainable transportation, clean energy and responsible use of scarce resources. In Prague, we have our largest technical centre outside of the UK. We support projects around the world that help to develop the next generation of transportation systems.