Ricardo values its reputation as a diverse and inclusive employer
Ricardo is a global engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy, founded in 1915 our vision is to maximise efficiency and eliminate waste. With a century of experience delivering excellence and innovation, Ricardo now employs over 3000 engineers, scientists and consultants around the world and it is the passion and expertise of this community, which drives us forward and maintains our position of technical leadership. As a business, we value respect, integrity, innovation and passion and guided by these values we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
We are seeking a Control Engineer to deliver on-going client projects.
• Technical development of control solutions, covering requirements specification, algorithm development, implementation, calibration and validation.
• Development of Model-in-Loop and Hardware-in-Loop facilities to support control development
• Control strategy development on rigs/ testbeds, and on-vehicle
• Technical analysis to achieve tasks with sound evidence base
• Responsibility for delivering assigned tasks to time, cost and quality on customer projects
• Interface directly with clients on technical issues
• Reporting of technical status internally and to customers
YOUR SKILLS WILL INCLUDE
You have automotive engineering background, and some experience in controls development:
• Minimum degree in an Engineering or Science related discipline (e.g., electrical and electronic engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, computer science, software engineering, maths, control engineering)
• Technical experience in control development and/or plant model simulation
• Analytical approach to problem solving
• Experience of model-based development languages, especially Matlab/Simulink
• At least intermediate level of English (daily use and communication with native speakers), Czech is not a requirement
• Strong teamwork, organizational, and communication skills
We offer you
100% sick pay
after 1st day
At Ricardo, you will work with colleagues who are highly educated and skilled at their jobs. Over 90% of our staff have Bachelor’s degrees, 75% have Master’s and 10% have PhDs. We have always been an engineering and science company. Your colleagues will have a deep understanding of the fundamentals of how things work.
Control and Calibration
The Control and Calibration team develops and calibrates the algorithms for control and diagnostics that are used in engine, transmission, hybrid and vehicle control units. The work varies from new control concepts for novel powertrains through to calibration development, approval and release for production programs.
Ricardo is an international engineering and technology company with over 2,900 employees worldwide. We focus on the key challenges facing society today; sustainable transportation, clean energy and responsible use of scarce resources. In Prague, we have our largest technical centre outside of the UK. We support projects around the world that help to develop the next generation of transportation systems.