Ricardo values its reputation as a diverse and inclusive employer
Ricardo is a global engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy, founded in 1915 our vision is to maximise efficiency and eliminate waste. With a century of experience delivering excellence and innovation, Ricardo now employs over 3000 engineers, scientists and consultants around the world and it is the passion and expertise of this community, which drives us forward and maintains our position of technical leadership. As a business, we value respect, integrity, innovation and passion and guided by these values we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
Ricardo Software is responsible for the development, sales and support of advanced engineering analysis software for power-train and vehicle systems, with a worldwide customer base including major automotive manufacturers and tier one suppliers. Our software products comprise tools for the analysis of fluid and mechanical engine, powertrain and vehicle systems, with well-established brands in fluid dynamics modelling.
The successful candidate will become a member of the development team and will be responsible for the design and development as well as the maintenance and enhancement of tools for automatic mesh generation within VECTIS product.
• Develops Ricardo Software by designing and programming by participating in customer meetings and liaising with our commercial and product teams to understand customer needs and to define and recommend solutions
• Specifies, designs and authors software code with minimal guidance. Architects solutions that fit within existing infrastructure.
• Develops new tools and features for automatic mesh generation
• Maintains and enhances existing Ricardo Software tools for mesh generation.
• Provides detailed requirements to framework products
• Translates requirements into design documents and implements them into Ricardo Software products. Specifies and creates tests to demonstrate the correctness of code; tests programs as necessary; corrects any shortcomings revealed by in-house or external testing
• Creates and delivers product presentations and demonstrations to various audiences
• Delivers projects to specification, timing and ISO 9000 quality standards
• Provides second line technical support and training, which may involve some off-site support
• Acts as technical liaison with third-party vendors
YOUR SKILLS WILL INCLUDE
• Education to an MSc level (PhD strongly preferred) in a relevant discipline.
• Minimum three years of experience in a relevant field.
• Good level of C++ (STL library, experience with OOP).
• Experience with programming in Computational Geometry field or Mathematical Modelling is desirable.
• Ability to work independently as well as with others in a geographically diverse team environment.
• Knowledge of Linux/Windows development environments and revision control systems is desirable.
• Proficiency with Linux or/and Windows office tools.
We offer you
100% sick pay
after 1st day
At Ricardo, you will work with colleagues who are highly educated and skilled at their jobs. Over 90% of our staff have Bachelor’s degrees, 75% have Master’s and 10% have PhDs. We have always been an engineering and science company. Your colleagues will have a deep understanding of the fundamentals of how things work.
Ricardo Software develops simulation tools for use mainly in the automotive industry. The products we develop are used for the design, development and optimization of vehicles and internal combustion engines. Some of our developers are engaged in developing solvers that use the finite element method or the finite volume method. Another large group of our employees consists of developers of graphical user interfaces. Moreover, we have a team of specialists that provides our customers with a high-quality support.
Ricardo is an international engineering and technology company with over 2,900 employees worldwide. We focus on the key challenges facing society today; sustainable transportation, clean energy and responsible use of scarce resources. In Prague, we have our largest technical centre outside of the UK. We support projects around the world that help to develop the next generation of transportation systems.