Ricardo values its reputation as a diverse and inclusive employer
Ricardo is a global engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy, founded in 1915 our vision is to maximise efficiency and eliminate waste. With a century of experience delivering excellence and innovation, Ricardo now employs over 2900 engineers, scientists and consultants around the world and it is the passion and expertise of this community, which drives us forward and maintains our position of technical leadership. As a business, we value respect, integrity, innovation and passion and guided by these values we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
- Maintains and enhances existing Ricardo Software tools for mesh generation
- Develops new tools and features for automatic mesh generation
- Architects solutions that fit within existing infrastructure
- Cooperates with support people to resolve problems of customers with the meshing tools
- Cooperates with other members of the VECTIS team to deliver results useful for them
YOUR SKILLS WILL INCLUDE
- Education to an MSc level (PhD strongly preferred) in a technical discipline
- Good level of C++ (STL library, experience with OOP)
- Good spatial vision
- Experience with programming in Computational Geometry field or Mathematical Modelling is a big plus
- Knowledge of both Linux and Windows development environments is desirable
- Eligibility to work in the Czech Republic (required)
We offer you
100% sick pay
after 1st day
At Ricardo, you will work with colleagues who are highly educated and skilled at their jobs. Over 90% of our staff have Bachelor’s degrees, 75% have Master’s and 10% have PhDs. We have always been an engineering and science company. Your colleagues will have a deep understanding of the fundamentals of how things work.
Ricardo Software develops simulation tools for use mainly in the automotive industry. The products we develop are used for the design, development and optimization of vehicles and internal combustion engines. Some of our developers are engaged in developing solvers that use the finite element method or the finite volume method. Another large group of our employees consists of developers of graphical user interfaces. Moreover, we have a team of specialists that provides our customers with a high-quality support.
Ricardo is an international engineering and technology company with over 2,900 employees worldwide. We focus on the key challenges facing society today; sustainable transportation, clean energy and responsible use of scarce resources. In Prague, we have our largest technical centre outside of the UK. We support projects around the world that help to develop the next generation of transportation systems.