Ricardo values its reputation as a diverse and inclusive employer
Ricardo is a global engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy, founded in 1915 our vision is to maximise efficiency and eliminate waste. With a century of experience delivering excellence and innovation, Ricardo now employs over 2900 engineers, scientists and consultants around the world and it is the passion and expertise of this community, which drives us forward and maintains our position of technical leadership. As a business, we value respect, integrity, innovation and passion and guided by these values we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
- Design and development of new software or features
- Maintenance of existing Ricardo Software products
- Delivery of projects to their specification in an agile environment
- Specification and creation of tests to demonstrate the correctness of code
- Cooperation with product managers on project specification
YOUR SKILLS WILL INCLUDE
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent technical degree; PhD is a plus.
- Proficiency in C++, with a minimum of two years related experience
- Proficiency in using object-oriented concepts to solve complex problems
- Knowledge of or ability to learn general graphics programming and user interface toolkits (specifically Qt)
- At least intermediate level of English (daily use and communication with native speakers)
- Eligibility to work in the Czech Republic
We offer you
100% sick pay
after 1st day
At Ricardo, you will work with colleagues who are highly educated and skilled at their jobs. Over 90% of our staff have Bachelor’s degrees, 75% have Master’s and 10% have PhDs. We have always been an engineering and science company. Your colleagues will have a deep understanding of the fundamentals of how things work.
Ricardo Software develops simulation tools for use mainly in the automotive industry. The products we develop are used for the design, development and optimization of vehicles and internal combustion engines. Some of our developers are engaged in developing solvers that use the finite element method or the finite volume method. Another large group of our employees consists of developers of graphical user interfaces. Moreover, we have a team of specialists that provides our customers with a high-quality support.
Ricardo is an international engineering and technology company with over 2,900 employees worldwide. We focus on the key challenges facing society today; sustainable transportation, clean energy and responsible use of scarce resources. In Prague, we have our largest technical centre outside of the UK. We support projects around the world that help to develop the next generation of transportation systems.