Graduate Engineers - Controls
Ricardo is a global engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy, founded in 1915 our vision is to maximise efficiency and eliminate waste. With a century of experience delivering excellence and innovation, Ricardo now employs over 2900 engineers, scientists and consultants around the world and it is the passion and expertise of this community, which drives us forward and maintains our position of technical leadership.
As a business, we value respect, integrity, innovation and passion and guided by these values we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
We are looking for graduates engineers with an interest in automotive applications in the following areas:
- Mechanical Design
- Computer Aided Engineering (CAE, FEM, CFD)
- Performance Simulation of Engines, Vehicles and Sub-Systems
- Controls and Systems Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Design
- Embedded Software
- Project Management
Please note that the employment START DATE would be 1st of July 2018 or later.
You will work on a variety of projects that may include internal combustion engines, transmissions, motorcycles, electric machines, vehicle systems, hybrid/electric vehicles and their associated electronic systems and control software.
You will typically undergo a 2 year training programme, where you will rotate through related departments including 6 months placements in the UK.
The ideal candidate will have most of the following
- Degree in an Engineering discipline
- Good functional knowledge of one subject from engines, transmissions, vehicle systems, motorcycles, electric machines, hybrid/electric vehicles, or control theory
- Analytical thinking and a technically capable with good development potential
- At least intermediate level of English (daily use and communication with native speakers)
- Strong teamwork, organizational, oral and written communication skills
Additional skills that would be advantageous include
- An active interest in any of the above areas
- An interesting and varied role within an expanding international company, work with latest technologies
- Graduate rotation programme
- Informal company culture and flexible working hours
- Secured bike storage for active cyclists and a nearby cycle track
- Modern offices close to city centre (tram, metro B) with variety of restaurants and services in the area
- Possibility to travel both to other Ricardo locations and client´s sites
- Motivating employee benefit package (annual travel transport ticket reimbursement, contribution to life and pension insurance, sport activities, English lessons within working hours, employee interest free loan etc.)
Ricardo is an equal opportunities employer.