Graduate Engineers - Simulation
Ricardo is a global engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy, founded in 1915 our vision is to maximise efficiency and eliminate waste. With a century of experience delivering excellence and innovation, Ricardo now employs over 2700 engineers, scientists and consultants around the world and it is the passion and expertise of this community, which drives us forward and maintains our position of technical leadership.
As a business, we value respect, integrity, innovation and passion and guided by these values we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
We are looking for a new colleague, Graduate Engineer - Simulation, to join our team at the Ricardo Prague office to support a variety of customer projects. The work will be Simulation of automotive systems which could range from a powertrain system to a complete hybrid or electric vehicle. The role will require the use of Matlab/Simulink as well as Ricardo proprietary software tools such as WAVE and IGNITE.
Working as part of a multi-national team you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Simulation of vehicle systems based on physical models (e.g. mechanical, thermodynamic, hydraulic, controls)
- Integration of models in different simulation environments
- Define control strategies and calibrations to enable simulation studies to be performed
- Perform simulation studies to optimize component sizing, selection and strategy to achieve performance targets
The ideal candidate will have most of the following
- Degree in an Engineering/Science discipline
- Good understanding of the fundamentals of physics
- Ability to learn new skills
- At least intermediate level of English (daily use and communication with native speakers)
- Strong teamwork, organizational, oral and written communication skills
Additional skills that would be advantageous include
- Previous experience with Matlab/Simulink
- Previous experience in the automotive sector
- An interesting and varied role within an expanding international company, work with latest technologies
- Graduate rotation programme
- Informal company culture and flexible working hours
- Secured bike storage for active cyclists and a nearby cycle track
- Modern offices close to city centre (tram, metro B) with variety of restaurants and services in the area
- Possibility to travel both to other Ricardo locations and client´s sites
- Motivating employee benefit package (annual travel transport ticket reimbursement, contribution to life and pension insurance, sport activities, English lessons within working hours, employee interest free loan etc.)
Ricardo is an equal opportunities employer.