Engine Application Engineer (Senior)
Ricardo is a global engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy, founded in 1915 our vision is to maximise efficiency and eliminate waste.
With a century of experience delivering excellence and innovation, Ricardo now employs over 2900 engineers, scientists and consultants around the world and it is the passion and expertise of this community, which drives us forward and maintains our position of technical leadership.
As a business, we value respect, integrity, innovation and passion and guided by these values we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
We are looking for an Engineer with good experience with internal combustion engines to join our growing Vehicle Calibration and Control Department based in our Prague Technical Centre. The job role will focus on automotive engines.
The range of responsibilities may include:
- Test planning, test execution, test quality checking for engines and vehicles
- Data analysis, data presentation and data explanation
- Daily liaison and discussion with Ricardo Engineers based globally
- Business related travel to engine and vehicle test locations
- Engine and Vehicle calibration development based on thorough data analysis
The ideal candidate will have most of the following
- An Engineering Graduate
- Experience of engine and vehicle development activities
- Calibration knowledge in the followings areas: base engine, emissions control, vehicle Driveability
- Knowledge of engine and vehicle diagnostics systems
- At least intermediate level of English (daily use and communication with native speakers)
- Strong teamwork, organizational, oral and written communication skills
Additional skills that would be advantageous include
- A data driven approach to engineering
- Previous calibration engineering experience on engines or vehicles, at a manufacturer, Tier 1 supplier or engineering consultancy
- A good working knowledge of application tools (ETAS INCA and MDA, ATI Vision, CANoe, AVL Indicom) and EMS strategies (Bosch, Continental, Denso)
- An interesting and varied role within an expanding international company, work with latest technologies
- Informal company culture and flexible working hours
- Secured bike storage for active cyclists and a nearby cycle track
- Modern offices close to city centre (tram, metro B) with variety of restaurants and services in the area
- Possibility to travel both to other Ricardo locations and client´s sites
- Motivating employee benefit package (annual travel transport ticket reimbursement, contribution to life and pension insurance, sport activities, English lessons within working hours, employee interest free loan etc.)
Ricardo is an equal opportunities employer.